CCD Business Development Corporation is a private, non-profit Oregon corporation designated by the U.S. Economic Development Administration as the Economic Development District for Coos, Curry and Douglas Counties in south-western Oregon.
CCD’s mission is to create a climate that encourages economic development that will retain existing jobs, create new jobs, diversify local economies, support existing industry and enhance the quality of life for the regions residents, as well as, providing an atmosphere for personal growth for the employees.
As part of its overall economic development activity, CCD partners with a variety of agencies to promote business through economic and community development. CCD also offers a wide range of business finance programs to business entities in the district, as well as in Josephine and Jackson Counties and other areas of Oregon. These programs are designed to help companies start new ventures or expand existing ones via low interest loans and loan guarantees.
The Partnership does its work through supporting the expansion (and retention) of existing businesses; marketing the region as a good location to do business; recruiting businesses; and supporting strategic thinking and collaboration among the governments and other organizations committed to economic development in Douglas County.
According to The Partnership’s By-Laws (adopted in August 2011), the organization’s primary mission is:
- To encourage industrial and manufacturing enterprises to locate new facilities or expand existing facilities within Douglas County, Oregon, in order to strengthen and diversify the family wage job base;
- To help new or existing businesses in Douglas County to maintain or create new jobs;
- To increase capacity for economic development in Douglas County; and
- To solicit, collect and receive money or other assets, and to administer those funds or assets for economic development in Douglas County.
Umpqua Training and Employment will help you find the job you really want. We’ll even help you figure out what job you’re best suited for, and get you into whatever training you need to qualify for that dream career. All at little or no cost to you. What you need is a desire to make a better life for yourself. And the willingness to work towards your goal. We provide the rest!
On-the-Job Training (OJT) is usually in the private sector. You can be reimbursed for up to 50% of the costs of training for a regular job with your company. These services do have some conditions. So give us a call and we’ll go through them to make sure your company qualifies.
Work Experience training is generally in the public sector and designed to help workers enter or reenter the job market. If you need extra help and you’re willing to train, we can pay up to 100% of the wages, hourly assessment of workers’ compensation and FICA of any work-experience participant we place at your company
The Small Business Development Center is your support team for your business, offering a wide range of services and training for owners and employees. Make an investment in yourself, to learn how to work on your business, rather than in your business. Learn the skills that will help you balance your work and life. http://www.umpqua.edu/sbdc
We customize the information you need to be successful and help you learn in three ways:
- Classroom sessions that are a combination of instructor led learning along with discussion.
- Monthly one-on-one advising sessions with the instructor provide you with a personalized and confidential business consultant whose only goal is to see your business succeed.
- Opportunities to network with other business owners and learn from your peers.
NeighborWorks Umpqua is a respected non-profit organization that has worked in Douglas, Coos, and Curry counties for over 20 years. Their mission is to work for and with low and moderate income people to provide safe affordable housing and community-based economic opportunity, so that our community may collectively and individually recognize its intrinsic value and realize its potential.